Saturday, July 21, 2007

I had my 2 hour monthly ultrasound on Thursday. I was 29 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I was hoping to hear the news before the weekend. Last month Baby A was in the 90th percentile and Baby B was 91st percentile. Before last months ultrasound the babies growth had been exact... Baby A was always 1 day ahead of B's.A couple of coworkers and I were going out to dinner last night - which ended up being such a wonderful surprise baby shower.A few minutes before we went into the restaurant my doctor called and said both babies are over the 95 percentile, meaning they are officially Macrosomic now. Also Baby A is now at least 10% smaller than B. She sounded so official on the phone it was scary. She mentioned something about she didnt want to deliver them now because they are measuring over 32 weeks, but that doesnt mean their lungs are that mature. There was nothing I could do, and I was kind of nervous so I didnt know what to ask, so I just asked her to fax me the report at work. Then I realized it was Friday and I wouldnt see it until Monday. Nothing I can do about it, but the numbers (which are good for research that I cant do during the week) would be nice.She said there is nothing I can do about it right now, but she wants to do more testing at my appt this week. And something like if they get closer to 15% discordance she will deliver them.I wish I knew WHO was having the trouble? Is Baby A's placenta fading? Is Baby B's placenta not removing enough maternal nourishment, insulin, etc? Is Baby A being squished by Baby B?Im trying not to stress about it. Its just that this came out of left field.

0 comments:

 
Photomomma © 2007 *Feito por Templates para Você*